Android is feature rich platform with lots of unique features. But there are some tasks which are possible only on Microsoft Windows OS. Now if you are on Android and searching a legal way to run Windows, you are at right place. This tutorial will teach you how to install and run Windows on Android.
A good news is that there is no need to root your Android. It is a very simple and easy trick which will not take more than a couple of minutes. Using this tutorial, you can easily run Windows on android without much technical knowledge.
I want to tell you that you do not need to install Windows. Instead, you can access virtual Windows which is installed on a cloud. This will save your storage space plus instant setup. You just need a valid user ID and password and you are ready to go.
How to run Windows on Android (no Root required).
To get access to Windows cloud we will use a free trial service called AppOnFly. This service offers a one-month free subscription to Windows VPS. Plus no credit card is required to register for a free trial. That’s why we preferred this service for this special tutorial. You can try this service using laptop or desktop also. But we are providing screenshots of mobile view assuming that you are on Android smartphone.
- Firstly, visit the official website of AppOnFly using any browser (prefer Google Chrome). Then scroll down to Choose Your App! section and select free option. After that, select google chrome option.
- On next page, tap Try one-month free button to get your free trial.
- Now register using your email and hit Start free trial button. Now go to registered email and get your password. If you want you can change your password from the site.
It will pop out a new tab in your browser. Close that new tab for now and return back to the first tab.
- You can see there two options to either run Windows on browser or RDP. Browser option is not that much good hence you must go with the Remote Desktop option. So click on download Setup File option and store downloaded file in safe place.
- In next step, go to playstore and search “RDP” and install Microsoft Remote Desktop app. This app will enhance your Windows on Android experience.
Once the installation is complete, navigate to downloaded setup file and tap on it. Android system will ask you to choose an app to open this type of file. Select your newly installed Microsoft app.
- Now use username and password got on AppOnFly registered email and enjoy. After connecting successfully, it will look something like this.
You can always create a new free account when your free trial gets expired.
Limitations of this Windows on Android trick.
First of all, you need continuous net connection because your Windows OS is installed on a cloud (RDP). But the good news is that you do not need very high-speed net connection.
Another drawback of this trick is that you can’t install new software on your virtual desktop. You have to work with pre-installed tools only. But once you get expert, you can try free Virtual Windows PC by Amazon. You can install unlimited software at Amazon absolutely free for one year.
Here ends our tutorial on the trick to run Windows on Android without Root. If you need any help please contact us by comments. Also, don’t forget to share your experience with us.